Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I was in the Apple Store in Smithtown New York today and was playing with one of the new iPhone 4's and noticed the icons looked funny. Then I noticed the "Cydia" icon and was like "why does Apple have a display model thats jailbroken?"

Just thought it was kind of interesting.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Because some idiot jail broke it. I guess that's what losers do to kill time on a Saturday morning.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Apple has blocked the websites that allow you to JB over the air, so that will no longer be possible anymore.

It was kinda finny when I first heard ppl were doing that, however soon to be a non issue (in Apple Stores) according to Apple.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Apple has blocked the websites that allow you to JB over the air, so that will no longer be possible anymore.

It was kinda finny when I first heard ppl were doing that, however soon to be a non issue (in Apple Stores) according to Apple.

The other thing is, if you hold the iphone a certain way you can't tell its jailbroken

MCRunning

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008

If you do it over 3g it will work ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.