Denial of Warranty Update on Refurb?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ballen420, May 22, 2008.

1. ballen420 macrumors 6502

I faxed in a copy of the receipt that came in the package my refurb came in, and Apple denied the update.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm curious if I should be using another receipt.

It was just a printed receipt from AT&T that came in the box, but I would think Apple would realize the serial number is that of a refurbished phone and update it's status.

2. iPegboy macrumors regular

did you use the cover letter you were supposed to print out as well?

i had no issues. just did the online form, print out the cover sheet -- filled it out -- and faxed that and the receipt to Apple.

3. ballen420 thread starter macrumors 6502

I used the cover letter. I thought the receipt that came with the phone was pretty clear as well. It's activated on AT&T too.

I'm planning on giving them a call later after work, just trying to figure out what experience anyone else had.

4. Pheelyx macrumors regular

Pheelyx

I faxed my receipt with cover sheet and they said my fax was unreadable. They then let me email it to them. About a day later they had my warranty status updated. I used the receipt that came in the box. It didn't even list the serial number on it either.