Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barnacle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
maya beach, belize
since i am being restrickted from the itunes store, geographicly, i looked around for an alternitive. anybody have any thoughts, experiance, with
Myipodownloads.com ? i haven't checked if they will take my money or not, but may be an alternitve?
thanks

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
why are you restricted ?

and that website seems one of them con a credit card number out of ya just to give you a link to bittorrent or limewire :rolleyes:

stay clear and why are you resticted again ?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
liketom said:
why are you restricted ?

and that website seems one of them con a credit card number out of ya just to give you a link to bittorrent or limewire :rolleyes:

stay clear and why are you resticted again ?

Because he lives in Belize and probably doesn't have a US credit card with a US billing address.

I thought that part would be obvious.

As for alternatives to the iTunes Store, I haven't tried anything else - we only got the store late last year - but there are places like eMusic that offer DRM-free downloads but mainly of Indie bands, there are a few gems on there though if you're keen to hunt around.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I love emusic.com, it was better when there wasn't a monthly limit though...

crjackson

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2006
perhaps finding a trusted friend in the states or somewhere else and have them buy you iTunes gift cards would work, if it is in fact a billing/cc address issue.

I'm sure you can make up an address and get away with it, unless iTunes uses IP addresses to find out country stuff (doubt it)

barnacle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
maya beach, belize
yes,, my c.c. is from boulder colo. the billing address is here in belize so they won't let me sign up. i thought about just giving them some phony address. from past experiances, if the shipping address was different from the billing address, some mail order places would freak out.
{i usualy order stuff, then send it to the next visitor's house who is comming to visit, and ask them to schlep it down to me in their suitcase}
but, since there is no shipping address,, what's the big deal? as long as the card info is correct. i will also look into those other sites as well.
i just don't understand the problem with my billing address?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.