Denon 1100 and apple tv

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Ja Di ksw, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I have a Denon AVR-X1100W, and it worked with my cable/satellite and gaming system. However, when I try to use my Apple TV it almost never connects, the tv screen just stays black. When it does, it typically flickers out (both audio and video) and the entire connection is gone (tv doesn't recognize that the Denon is attached. i.e., I can't even access Denon settings, as I can when it uses the satellite input even when the satellite box is turned off). Often, there is only static on the screen instead of it being black. Sometimes the screen flashes green before disconnecting. The receiver has been checked with multiple generations of the Apple TV, multiple HDMI cables, and changing the input slot. All devices and cables worked fine when going directly from the Apple TV to the tv, and all ports on the Denon work with non-Apple TV devices. The Denon also flickers on the front screen where it says PCM DIG (PCM flickers more than DIG). Any advice on how to fix it?

2. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

Unfortunately, Denon is prone to problems with Apple TV.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Search the forums for "Denon" and you'll see the same or similar issue at the end of a thread from a couple of days ago.

4. npmacuser5 macrumors 6502a

npmacuser5

HDMI is a standard that has no standards. Did you try the settings for video out on AppleTV? Auto can be a challenge, 16 bit may play better with AppleTV to Denon.