Dent, How Do I Fix It and Will a Hard Case Fit

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sja103, Sep 15, 2010.

1. sja103 macrumors newbie

Hi,

My bag broke and my MBP hit the sidewalk ugh. The dent looks similar to this picture I found on this forum. Mine isn't as dented in.

[​IMG]

Is there any way to fix this (at home) and will a hard case still fit over it?

Thanks!

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

if your daring enough I suppose you could take it apart and have a gentle go at it with a rubber hammer, not that i'd recommend it.

I think it would fit, if not a little tight(er)

3. sja103 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

I would put some kind of rubber protector over the corner so it doesn't get scratched, then I'd "gently" lock on a pair of vise grips and then slowly bend it back into shape. I wouldn't bang on with the a hammer or mallet. It would jar the components and maybe cause internal damage.

Don't try to bend it perfect... just get it good enough that you can open and close it and it looks decent.

5. LocoStrange macrumors member

Im against hard cases for laptops. They can get super hot and now you are keeping the heat trapped in the case.

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Works fine for me. I dropped my mbp about 2ft, landed on the side of the lcd panel...looks like the hard case did its job :p

7. sja103 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay I might try the vise grips. I ordered a hard case already I'm trying to do anything I can to protect this thing haha.

8. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

Dude that is a Major Bummer man.... I feel bad for you. Hope you can get it looking a little bit better at least.