Dent in my Air

alanrocks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
United Kingdom
Guys, disaster earlier today! I was fixing a cupboard drawer and dropped it by accident - stupid my. Just my luck, the corner of the cupboard drawer landed right on my mac book air, luckily the screen still works but there is a dent on the top casing.

I just wanted to find out if just the top casing can be replaced if I take it to Apple and if anyone has replaced theirs before?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Unlike the rMBP the top case is not laminated to the screen so they should be able to replace it. It won't be free, warranties don't cover accidental damage.

Bummers on the accident though :(

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Guys, disaster earlier today! I was fixing a cupboard drawer and dropped it by accident - stupid my. Just my luck, the corner of the cupboard drawer landed right on my mac book air, luckily the screen still works but there is a dent on the top casing.

I just wanted to find out if just the top casing can be replaced if I take it to Apple and if anyone has replaced theirs before?
Always check your home contents insurance...you may find that accidental damage is covered...I hope it is..:)