Dent in the rear bezel corner

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by winam0501, Jun 15, 2011.

1. winam0501 macrumors newbie

:( My mac is 2 years old with 3 years Applecare.

I was on a call with my friend and for some reason I totally forgot about the labtop case I was holding.. Before I realized, my Macbook Pro just flew into the air and landed on the top left corner. I thought I got a spiderweb but thanks god it didn't break. Everything's still running. I got a dent and a lift up.

However, when I got home, I realized the screen bezel and bottom bezel don't fit anymore. When I open my mac screen, I get locked and get a crack sound when I push it harder. I tried to shake it and heard there are things falling apart inside. I hear click sound when I try to push the bottom bezel. However, I didn't get any error message or any unrecognized devices and stuff...yet.

Photos attached. It doesn't look obvious but it keeps locking my screen when I try to open it. It breaks my heart everytime when it makes the crack sound. I'm worried if it will affect my screen in long term. I called Apple and they said they are not responsible for any accidental damage. However I'm not really sure if this counts as a "damage". They told me they are not responsible for pricing and stuff:mad:.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I want to know in my case, should I replace it? or just live with the crack..
    should I replace both bezels (top and bottom)?
    how much will that cost. (still a student, still broke)

Thanks in advance.

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Obviously the damage is not eligible for repair under AppleCare.

If it's possible, take it to your local Apple Store and get it checked over. If you don't have access to an Apple Store, check the Apple Site to get the address of a local Apple approved Service Provider.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

That will be very expensive to get repaired. Why wouldn't you think that the damage to your computer was considered "damage"? And why would Apple be responsible for your mistake?

jW