Dent in the speaker hole on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, Feb 9, 2011.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

No idea how it happened, but there is a shiny dent. Doesnt affect anything...its the mic one too.

Going to Apple for my sisters replacement ipod and im just going to bring it up, but this is the same phone I got on June 23 so I dont really want to exchange it except for this shiny dent.

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

A user induced dent does not warrant a replacement, sorry.

3. AndrewR23, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

?

4. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

and how could the warrant not cover a dent in the tiny speaker hole? how could possibly anyone get a dent there ?

5. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

That argument goes both ways. How would the phone come that way out of the box? These things are manufactured with precision by the millions.

6. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

okay but how would a dent in the speaker be my fault? along with black marks that wont come off? i have a plastic protection that goes over it along with a case. there is possibly no way at all this happened by me....and this is the first time ive ever looked at the speakers too. I see apple replacing it easy espically if they let people replace a cracked screen for free countless times.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Honesty versus lying will get you further ahead.

You have to realize these people (geniuses) have heard every lie/story imaginable, why do some people get something for free and others don't, I'm going to guess Luck and Honesty.

Example: Taking responsibility for dropping and cracking your own screen will more likely get you more sympathy versus saying "it just happened and I don't know how" "wait, why do I have to pay $200 for a replacement, I didn't do this."

8. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

I agree 100% with you and I have never lied, in fact ive only had one replacement phone ever bc it wouldnt charge. but I dont want to return this...it just bugs me there is a black mark with a small dent on my phone. Especially when I will be selling this in about 4 months.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yet you talk about how easy it would be to lie to get a replacement. If you didn't do anything to the phone, take it in and talk to a Genius. If you did do something to the phone, do what you want, but try and avoid committing fraud.

10. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

the only reason i talked about how easy it is, is because it is easy to get one. I dont want one, just hope they can take a look at it and fix the part instead of the phone. They did that once to my 3G in 08.