Dent in trackpad out of nowhere. Any fix?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Fred87nc, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Fred87nc macrumors member

I just noticed a dent in the middle of my track pad, out of nowhere, the track pad still works, but is there anything I can do about it? How much is a track pad replacement? Thanks in advance

Macbook white 13 inche 2.1ghz

2. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

just wait until the top case cracks then apple will fix it for free. it should not take to long before it cracks.

3. macbookluvr macrumors newbie

Um until the case cracks? is that common with the white macbook? I have a white macbook and mine hasn't cracked yet:rolleyes:

4. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

very common i had it happen twice to me i bought it in feb. my brother had his crack. a lot of people have that issue search the forums here and flicker you will find hundreds of pics of plastic macbooks all crack were the lid contacts the top case. the good news is it is a free repair w/ or w/out applecare.

5. Fred87nc thread starter macrumors member

On the left of my macbook case, the top is coming apart from the case, is this what you are talking about?

6. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

You have a 2.1GHz MacBook, that revision has a reenforced top case, but he's referring to this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/guyweb/2713332178/in/pool-crackedmacbook/

Anyway, if it is popping up over 2-3mm, you'll be able to get a new top case.