Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJR

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Hey,

I was running today to get to class and the strap broke on the case that was holding my Alu Macbook pro. The case hit the ground, and unfortunately, even in the soft case AND my speck hardshell case, there appears to be about an inch long dent on the top left casing of the computer. Also, there is a about a 1/8 inch indent that appeared on the side of my screen (kind of hard to describe...it looks as though when you're looking at the computer, there is a very small indent in the straight line of the alu housing that folds around the screen.) There appears to be no deviation in how the computer works, and the screen is still perfect. My question is this: will something surface later on such as dead pixels? Also, is my apple warranty void?

Any help is appreciated.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Your warranty doesn't cover damage due to accidents. Only time will tell whether you'll have other problems.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Whether Apple will consider any future problems, should you have them, to be the result of the fall is unknown. You can take it in and ask but who knows what they'll say. If it is working fine then don't worry about it as there is little you can do short of replacing the LCD bezel, which BTW if you screw up that will void the warranty.

EJR

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Allright, thanks. As I said earlier, the computer and screen are working fine at the moment, it's just a bit annoying to have to look at. Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.