Dent on iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 425, May 7, 2011.

1. 425 macrumors member

So, I have an iPad 2, and I'm using only a Smart Cover. I don't remember ever dropping it, but I recently noticed a small dent on the bottom left corner (in portrait orientation), on the side.

It's very small, and doesn't effect operation, only aesthetics, and only by looking very closely.

I was wondering if there's any way to make it look better, or any shops or something that could do a quick repair. I really don't want to send it all the way back to Apple, because I don't want to be without the iPad for longer than about a day, since it is my primary computer.

2. vinacrom macrumors newbie

A iPad isn't like a car: dents can't be repaired, period. The dented parts must be replaced. It's expensive, and the Apple warranty doesn't cover accidental damage.
    To find out what it would cost to put your machine back in like-new condition, check with an Apple Store or Apple-authorized service provider. Having anyone else do it will permanently nullify whatever warranty remains on your machine.

TL;DR you are worrying too much.

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Dents can be fixed in a car by doing it yourself. You can basically suck the dent out with a type of plunger.

4. vinacrom macrumors newbie

I'm sorry, I thought he was talking about an iPad.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Whoa thats weird. I read IS like a car, they cant be fixed when you wrote ISN'T. My mistake.

But OP, its just a dent.

6. vinacrom macrumors newbie

7. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

8. 425 thread starter macrumors member

I guess I am overreacting a bit, I guess I just wanted to see if it would be an easy fix.