Dent on MacBook Pro speaker

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tory, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Tory macrumors newbie

My new MacBook Pro now has a small dent on the right-hand side speaker - caused, ironically, by my iPod falling off a shelf and onto it. The computer itself still works perfectly fine, but I want to know if there's any way to get the dent out. I figure that if it can be done on cars, it can be done on a laptop. So, any help would be awesome. Thanks.

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You're probably SOL, unless you're a good metal worker.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Ignore it, otherwise you run the risk of breaking something else when trying to fix it.

5. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

The body of the MBP is not built to use a dent puller on it. If you try to use it, the whole casing may come off.

Now there may be some miniature dent pullers that I may not know about...

6. TraustiB macrumors member

My old MBP, which is sold, had the same kind of dent on the right speakers next to the arrow keys on the keyboard. Happened due to a mouse falling on it from some height. I really got used to it and was accustomed to "feeling" the dent on the speaker, kinda like a twitch when I was doing something that captivated my mind.

I had no problem with the dent, no affect on music volume or quality. It just made it unique :p

7. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

It's not worth trying to pull dents out of an Apple laptop. The sheet metal is just too delicate. I remember when my 15" PBG4 got a dent on the left side of its top casing and being a dummy, I tried to pull it off and fix it. Well, let's just say I ended up having to replace the top casing...