Dented Casing on 2 months old MBP..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boarderb, Sep 7, 2010.

1. boarderb macrumors newbie

Am I able to send in my MBP for a new casing? My dog knocked it off of a chair and it fell on our tile causing dents on both sides where the front bumpers are protruding on the edges..

I am furious and this is driving me nuts as my laptop is only 4 months old..

Thanks for your time!

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can send it in, but the repair won't be free.

4. boarderb thread starter macrumors newbie

I realize its not going to be free, but its pretty bad looking at a dented 2k laptop..I don't mind paying to get it fixed..

5. cookieronster macrumors member

i had a unibody macbook 13" and i left it on top of my car and literally gunned it and took off. (i was 18 and dumb) It was a very costly mistake, not only were the top and bottom case completely dinged up, the logic board was also broken. I brought it in, they sent it out to be covered under Applecare--then they called me and said no way. It was an 1100 dollar repair.

I believe the top case was 400$?

6. boarderb thread starter macrumors newbie

The hardware is completely fine, its just the bottom of the keyboard casing. I realize its unibody, so if I'm reading your post correctly I'm going to have to shell out $1100???

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Top cases are typically around $200, not including labor or whatever service charges they pile on ...

8. Raggy macrumors newbie

9. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

The price of fixing the casing may be more than it is worth, but I think online there are some third party sites, maybe ifixit.com, which you can purchase the casing from for less if you don't mind installing yourself.