Dented/chipped my iPhone 6, how can I get it repaired (UK)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RipGroove, Dec 29, 2014.

1. RipGroove macrumors member

I've kept this phone what I though was super safe and clean since new, been wrapped in a 2 piece Casemate tough case and tempered screen protector so I'm a little annoyed that when I dropped it 2ft on to the ground the Casemate removed itself from the phone entirely allowing it to hit the concrete! Absolute waste of money that case!

Anyway, it's chipped a tiny bit of the screen at the very edge and also dented the aluminium side of the body so what's the easiest/quickest/cheapest way to get the body and screen repaired here in the UK?

FYI, I currently have no Apple Care and no damage insurance on the phone. I do now have a Magpul case on the way from the U.S. so the pile of crap Casemate can go in the bin!

Also I'm open to taking out insurance and making a claim if they'll cover just cosmetic damage?

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

You can't take out insurance after an accident and make a claim - that's fraud.

Your only option really, especially if you want the case repaired, is to go to Apple and ask them to replace it. They may be nice and do it for free (usually if you're honest/nice to them) or they may charge you the replacement price.

3. RipGroove thread starter macrumors member

Surely they wouldn't do it for free as its my fault not theirs?

----------

I will actually go to the Apple shop tomorrow then and see what they quote me, can't hurt to see.