Dented MBP... What are my options?!?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blkmac, Oct 10, 2012.

1. blkmac macrumors newbie

So I recently bought a new mac (no more than two weeks ago forgot the date) and I just noticed the left side of my screen the aluminum body part is dented. Can I get this replaced?! Help this eye sore is killing me!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The warranty doesn't cover physical damage. It will cost to have it repaired.

3. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

It's worth a shot with the Genius Bar. I had mine replaced for free after dropping it a month after I bought it.

4. blkmac thread starter macrumors newbie

What'd you sat when you went in?

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It's worth a shot - They could well replace it for free... And if they don't, you can just walk away :)

6. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I told them that my computer was in my back pack and somehow got dented at the airport, maybe dropped the bag too hard on the ground or something. I told him that I feel horrible for denting my month old MBP. The genius said he felt my pain and he will give me a new MBP because its not worth fixing. I was shocked and thanked him a million times.

In my opinion this is why we pay premium prices for apple products. The customer service is among the best. Go in the apple store and be honest, and own up to your mistake. You might be shocked of the results like I was.

7. blkmac thread starter macrumors newbie

That was my thought process. I hope it all works out. Trying this weekend. Thanks everyone.