dented mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bored911, Jun 22, 2008.

1. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

so i dented my baby today. i am extremly upset, though this is totally my fault because i am an idiot. Anywho, i was wondering if apple will repair this (i am more than willing to pay) because i seem to remember this not being covered by the warranty but perhaps they will do it for some money. thanks for rescuing my baby!

-bored

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    for $280 you can get an entire new case... (at least thats what I've read)

3. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

I couldn't imagine paying $280 for one measely little dent, I have 3 - 4 on my 15" MBP, but it's been through a deployment to Iraq, so I consider that extremely good.

4. Effortless macrumors member

I know how you feel... I try to keep my MBP mint, but it's not so easy.

I've gone and dropped a Maglite on mine now... ooops!!!!

:mad: :D

Effortless

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

That's what i was going to suggest but the saying " shutting the gate after the horse has bolted " sprang to mind

7. bart rijksen macrumors regular

I tried to protect mine at first too, but it didn't work. The second day i got it, i slammed it against a table by accident, and scratched off some of the coating:eek:
    Than another time in school, i hit it against a gas pipe, one of those ones you use to plug buncin burners in and i got a dent in it:eek:. Stupid me. :(

8. paola105 macrumors 6502

paola105

I don't have dents, but there's a bent around the superdrive area by a couple of mm's. I tried to engage those clips, because the Mac geniuses didn't fully snap my computer together. Not cool.

Attached Files:

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Don't forget the $180 per hour labor they charge; so it would equate to around $640

10. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Good luck trying to resell , if its extremely noticable.

I had (well, I wanted to get something else) to let mine go for a deep discount because it was difficult explaining to people that "applecare won't mind a small little dent even though it says they will deny any claims on the basis of exterior damage", even though they still replaced the a dying fan.