Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.Broken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Soon
Months ago, i dropped my Ipod Touch, and it got dented, the sleep button was dented! Now, my bro thought it would be funny to disable it for 60 minutes, now he did it to many times thus disabling it!

Attachments

• Ipod HALP.png
    Ipod HALP.png
    317.5 KB · Views: 392
  • Halp 2.png
    Halp 2.png
    351.5 KB · Views: 226

Mr.Broken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Soon
The dented sleep button DOES NOT work, im asking if i can restore it? because the disabled thing tells me to connect to itunes, i connect. It tells me i cant because i dont have the password put in! :(

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
The dented sleep button DOES NOT work, im asking if i can restore it? because the disabled thing tells me to connect to itunes, i connect. It tells me i cant because i dont have the password put in! :(

If you repeatedly enter the wrong passcode, your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch will be disabled for longer intervals before you can try again. After too many unsuccessful attempts, you won't be able to try again until you connect it to the computer with which you last synced it.

If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your device using the computer with which you last synced it. This allows you to reset your passcode and resync the data from the device (or restore from a backup). If you restore on a different computer that was never synced with the device, you will be able to unlock the device for use and remove the passcode, but your data will not be present.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

Mr.Broken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Soon
Thats not helping, it say's "You must enter your pass-code before you can sync/restore" And i cant get INTO MY IPOD! And i dont wanna sell it!

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
Thats not helping, it say's "You must enter your pass-code before you can sync/restore" And i cant get INTO MY IPOD! And i dont wanna sell it!

According to what I've read on Apple's site, you should be able to restore without the passcode.

There is a method to force iTunes to restore a device (putting it in DFU mode) but that requires being able to press the home button.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
I think we are all missing why can't you get into your iPod? Do you not know the passcode?

He said that his brother is the one who disabled it, probably by typing in the wrong passcode on purpose a bunch of times. If you do it enough it will lock the device until you restore it.

isababa12

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2010
1. Guys, if he restores it, he can't turn it on
2. Can't put it in DFU because his sleep button is broken
3. If he does restore it, and it restores and turns on after restoration, he has to keep his iPod battery on the whole time.

Torres1

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2010
im asking if i can restore it? because the disabled thing tells me to connect to itunes

Mr.Broken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Soon
My home button WORKS, but the sleep/wake button is BROKEN! It doesn't work! i just want to know how to RESTORE my ipod without using the sleep/wake button! :eek:

Mr.Broken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Soon
I think we are all missing why can't you get into your iPod? Do you not know the passcode?

ITunes wants me to put my pass-code in before i can sync/restore, But i cant because it doesn't give me the pass-code numbers. In one of the pictures above you can see what the ipod says. It says "DISABLED Connect to ITunes" I connect to itunes it says "You need to put your pass-code in before you can sync/restore try again?" But i can't put the pass-code in if i cant see the numbers! So i'm asking if i can restore it somehow WITHOUT having to use the sleep/wake button

Mr.Broken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Soon
This is what it says. If this helps you see why i cant restore it!

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 140

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
And you've tried right-clicking on the iPod in the iTunes sidebar on the left? There might be a restore option there.

Mr.Broken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Soon
It wouldn't show my ipod on the sidebar on itunes, but nevermind this thread, i fixed it myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.