Dents on MacBook Pro 2015 bottom casing!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bruitmonkey, Sep 10, 2015.

1. bruitmonkey, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

bruitmonkey macrumors member

bruitmonkey

Hi everyone!

Quite a sad story :
    Two weeks ago I purchased a brand new Retina MacBook Pro MJLT2, unboxed it, activated and started using it without ever lfting it up from the table. However today I inspected it closely and found that there are three dents on the bottom casing..
    They are placed exactly where the power supply corners are in the Apple packaging.
    Called the shop where I bought it and they answered that it's my fault I didn't examine the outer shell before activating and using the laptop.
    Called the BCCS service which is the official Apple service provider here in Latvia, sadly they referred me back to the seller. They also said that I could lose the warranty because of these dents, but in no way it's my fault.
    What are my options? What do you suggest?

20150910_121905.jpg

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Contact Apple support and explain the situation. Take photographs so they can see that it's certainly something caused by the packaging. It's not guaranteed that they'd do anything but it's certainly your best shot.

3. newellj macrumors 601

I think I remember a very similar case about a year ago. Apple replaced the computer. Be polite but be clear.

4. invisibleshoes macrumors regular

If all else fails, you can just replace the bottom casing only.

5. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

OP this is good advice. I don't know what the rules are where you're at, but if you could be in danger of losing the warranty, I'd research that first before making 1000 phone calls/inquiries, and having the issue documented. If it turns out you would lose the warranty, just buy another bottom cover.

6. robeddie macrumors 68000

robeddie

That's what I would do. Go to powerbook medic (or somewhere else they sell parts) and you can get a replacement bottom case for around $50. That $50 is a reasonable price for a good lesson learned: Check the item carefully upon unboxing it.

7. JackieInCo macrumors 601

PowerBook Medic does not have parts yet listed for the 2015 Retina MBP.

8. mikep78 macrumors newbie

Hi!
    Did you ever get this resolved? I have the EXACT same issue (dents, cover damage, etc) in the same place, for a 2015 MBP, and came across your posting.