Dents!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GreggM3, Aug 11, 2010.

1. GreggM3 macrumors 6502

My iPad 3G is always in it's Apple case and when I carry it it goes in a Timbuk2 notebook messenger bag in the padded compartment. I just slid it out of the case to discover two dents on the back! I am really anal about my gear and this is really bugging me. I can't figure out how this happened!:mad:

2. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

It can happen pretty easily. So long as you accept it was your fault, it's cool.

I can't take another 'my iPad dented itself' thread, lol. People who lie to themselves crack me up! Not you, btw, OP :)

3. GreggM3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think it dented itself but geez, I am really careful. I guess it's time to rethink the Apple case. I hate the other folios since they seem to make the device so thick and I want screen protection (other than my antiglare protector). Just bummed out since it doesn't have a scratch on it just like my iPhone 4 and MBP!

4. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

I feel your pain man. At least it was pretty easy to pull the dents back out using 3m vhb film and a rocker. But I have no clue when or how they happened.

5. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

The apple case is not for impact protection. It only helps for cosmetic protection. Come on guuuuuuuys......it's only for looking cool

6. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

That sucks. Could you have tossed your bag somewhere, forgetting the that pad was inside or something?

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Anyone else have access to your iPad/iPad bag? It's always best to pass the blame to someone else :p

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Do you know car dents themselves too even if you are ana1 about it?

9. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Anal isn't a 'bad' word when used in that context, lol.

10. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Personally I don't want to see what google ads would show for THAT keyword. =p

11. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

You mustve dropped it or bumped it by accident when carrying. It couldn't do it by itself, unless an evil gremlin is out to get the ipads lol.

12. saberahul macrumors 68040

It is rather hard to dent while in the case + padded backpack or w.e it was in (too lazy to go back down and read again). Only logical explanation I can come up with is either you dropped the bag and it fell on the back side hence denting the iPad or your wife found out about your other girlfriend and kicked your iPad in the butt.
    On a serious note, I am also very careful about my belongings and take great care of them. If you're worried of future cracks, a better protective case such as the Otterbox may help. Do note that I have not used it and cannot provide advice on how effective it is but I'm sure others will be able to suggest/answer those sorts of questions for you.

-- SR

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sometimes I wish I got to see the ads but seeing ads is akin to having anal warts.

14. ryanide macrumors 6502