Denying windows permission to view my mac HD

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kramerica43, Oct 9, 2011.

1. kramerica43 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I've set up bootcamp various times in the past and my windows partition has always been unable to read the mac hard disk. This time though, running windows 7 on a bootcamp partition for a mac running 10.6.8, I can see and edit the mac HD on windows. I would like to deny windows access to the disk as it seems like a good way to minimize some risk of windows viruses affecting the mac partition. It's possible that some permissions got messed up in the process of resizing the partitions using gparted and refit (for repair purposes). Refit did change the name of the mac hd when booting with the option key so it seems like the more likely culprit. (I have already dealt with the name change issue). I'll be glad to provide any additional info as requested. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

2. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

The default drivers that come with Boot Camp are Read-Only. So unless you installed third-party ones, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you really feel the need to remove Apples HFS+ driver, follow the instructions below.