Deploy iPhone Application

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by rupesh.swami, Mar 28, 2009.

1. rupesh.swami macrumors newbie

hi all,
    i am new to iPhone programming. I create a simple application. It works well on simulator. Now i want to check this application on iphone so i want to install it on iPhone. so what is the step to install application on iPhone.
    one more thing ,i dont want to change target from simulator to device from Xcode.i want only install it one time(from Mac) and after that check it without connecting to MAC

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

You have to change the target to Device to install it on device. With the target set to Simulator it compiles for x86 so it will run in the simulator only. With the target set to Device it compiles for ARM so that it can be installed on an iPhone or iPod Touch.

To install on a device you need to be a registered developer in the $99 iPhone Developer program. Once registered all the instructions on how to get your provisioning profiles and certificates are available in your portal. You follow those steps then change target to Device and it will build, sign, install on your provisioned device.