Deploy Software on multiple Macs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shootist321, Aug 1, 2011.

1. shootist321 macrumors newbie

Ok, so I'm a new IT manager for a company which uses Macs at different offices. I have a need to install a software package to all of these macs. I'd like to automate this if possible. Here is my situation...

I am looking to install the Barracuda Web Security Agent on all Macs in my company. I do have Kaseya IT Center Agents installed on all of these machines which give me access to run scripts on these machines. Kaseya does have an "Install DMG" option which I've tried and it only half works. Installs the uninstaller but not the full agent lol? I've tried executing scripts but it hangs due to needing authentication (password) to run as root or different user using sudo.

So, I think I need a way of scripting sudo in a way that it also passes through the password? Also I need to not sudo as root, but as a different admin account I've created on all of the macs. If I could get that accomplished then I can use Kaseya to execute these scripts on all machines.

If there is a completely different way that I don't know of (distributing through mac app store? Have no clue) that is fine too. I'm a Mac admin noob so any help is appreciated.

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Start by reading all articles and forum posts here: http://afp548.com/

I have no experience with this Kaseya crap but setting up script to execute with su privs is trivial with the built in stuff.

3. brijazz macrumors 6502

brijazz

Hope that your boss doesn't read MacRumors in his/her spare time :rolleyes:

4. shootist321 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hahaha. It's not a concern, as she knew I didn't have Mac experience when she brought me onboard. So in reply to Hansr, thanks and I'm checking it out now. If you could point me in a more specific place on that site to look at it would be much appreciated, still I appreciate it anyway.

Any other help would be great.