Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SyPt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Hi,

I have created an app which is not accepted by app store due to the usage of private API. Now I want to distribute the app to jailbreak phones. I know that there is Cydia for distribution, but how do I create a file for distribution? In detail, after compilation, I have a signed *.app file (signed with Apple's distribution certificate). What do I have to do with this file, so that I can e.g. email it to friend who have jailbroken iPhones?

Regards,

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Here is some detail if you want to package it for Cydia distribution, you may need to host your own repo, or just try to get approved for distribution on the stock repo like modmyi

http://www.saurik.com/id/7

You need to repackage it tho, you cannot distributed with your Apple Certificate or you will need to add all those who use it as Authorized developer for your account.

SyPt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
you're both absolutely right ;). I just took a quick glimpse on the tutorial before the posting the last post - and I thought, that it looks like a lot of work. Now, after doing the packaging I agree that it's very easy and takes only some minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.