deposit for new iphone ?? ( new to us)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aerove, Jun 15, 2008.

1. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

hey everyone ! i wanted to know if at&t would ask me for a deposit while purchasing the iphone.

i ve never lived in us and will be moving there next month as a grad student. so i guess ill have no credit history. but by the time i purchase the phone i ll be having a bank account so would that count ?:confused:

any advice would be great!

one of my seniors at coll was looking to help me out but hez already got 3 iphones on his name...

another option.. ive got my aunt and cousins in KS , they can buy one and send it to me. but with the new instore activation rule apple's got will it affect me in any way ? also if i do it this way i can have it shipped to my place via fedex ? how much would that cost me ?

thanks a ton in advance!!:D:cool:

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

^^^No deposit, if you don't pass the credit check, then you would probably have to get on another person's Family Plan or Business Plan. Go Phone is another option. :(

3. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

hey .. can u temme how this credit check works? cause ill be havin more than 3k in my account when i go buy the iphone .. so wont that be good enuf ?

4. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

btw..is there a three iphone limit per person ? would that apply if they go for a new 3g iphone ? even thou hez already got 3 1st gen ones ? i mean.. get a new conn..

5. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Please work on your english lol

Call At&T its your best bet. You have zero credit history, it has nothing to do how much money you have. It has to do with proving you will pay you bill on time every month so they can let you walk out the door with a phone they subsidized. You would likely not be able to get one at all in the US.

6. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

ha hah.. yeah right.. will take that point.. btw can anyone gimme an estimate of how much it will cost me to ship an iphone from NY city to Clemson, SC thru fedex ? ( else , any estimate for shipping electronics would do )

7. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Most likely you will be able to get one yourself. You will have to pay a deposit or get a cosigner on your account since you have no credit history in the USA.

And credit is checked by one's social security number. And since you aren't a citizen of the US you don't have one.

As far as shipping costs go, www.fedex.com will give you a rough estimate.