Depressing?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mabaker, Mar 3, 2011.

1. mabaker macrumors 65816

mabaker

http://adium.im/sparkle/
    :eek:

Look at the PPC stats. Intel is OVERWHELMINGLY in the majority. I mean it literally slays PPC. :(

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Since Intel has been the architecture of choice not only for the last 5 years but since Apples market share has undergone significant expansion in that timeframe its not depressing at all. It merely illustrates the obvious: Loads more people buying Macs + only Intel Macs = More Intel Macs than PPCs by a huge magnitude (Id hate to think how few 68K Macs there are compared to Intels, Id say its probably a factor in the thousands or higher

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It's just tech moving along. Even look at the ratio of 32-bit Intel (Core Duo/Solo) to 64-bit Intel. That shows how much the Apple market share has expanded even since the switch.

4. mabaker thread starter macrumors 65816

mabaker

I guess I feel a little overwhelmed by Apple’s success in this respect. Of course ditching the PPC architecture was a good marketing move and their ticket into their current stellar looking future but it’s just amazing how many ppl jumped on the Intel board after all.

I was a lurker back in 2005 and there were hordes of ppl vowing never to touch a machine with an Intel processor inside! :D

Times change, attitudes also! :apple:

5. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

And we will have soon a merry day fishing all the leftover PPC Macs. Sweet!