Other Depth slider feature on Xs Max

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Packers1958, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

How does oner enable the depth finder feature on Xs Max to produce bokeh images? I take a picture in portrait mode, and there is no slider to adjust the picture.

2. darkside flow macrumors 6502

darkside flow

3. Packers1958 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks!

4. darkside flow macrumors 6502

darkside flow

you're welcome, it eluded me for a second too!

5. djvidi macrumors member

Also appears that photos taken with an XS can have the depth of field edited on the iPad Pro as well. Whether it’s as good on that compared to the XS is a different matter.

6. pprofpopp macrumors newbie

Sorry but I have same problem with new XS . No depth adjustment slider appearing at all. Nothing when taking photo and nothing after, even when selecting the photo and edit. No slider at all. Can anyone help? Thanks

7. cc999 macrumors 6502

You need to take the picture in PORTRAIT mode then after the shot hit edit and the slider will be there.

CC

8. M33-1 macrumors regular

M33-1

While taking the shot, but before taking, click the “F” button in the upper right corner. This gives live focus adjustment.

9. acorntoy macrumors 65816

I imagine it can be edited by all devices on iOS 12, but the information needed to capture it first is only available with the new camera hardware.

Basically editing it will be the same on everything, it’s all processing the same information, might take longer if you do it on a slower device however. It takes a moment or two to shop up on the XS and iPad pro, so I’d think on A8’s it would be a slow struggle, but possible with the same quality.