Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
I am super careful with all my emails and passwords and my apple Id. There is 0 chance anyone could have gotten my password. Was my ID hacked??? I got this message....

Your Apple ID, ***********, was just used to make a purchase in Derby Days from the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID.

If you made this purchase, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not make the purchase yourself.

If you did not make this purchase, we recommend that you go to iforgot.apple.com to change your password, then see Apple ID: Tips for protecting the security of your account for further assistance.

Regards,
Apple

I did not buy this game. I called apple and we found the game was free but there was a 20 dollar in app purchase that was made. This was earlier today. I made a thread on apple discussions and just got this reply from another user..

"Dude, i got the exactly same email saying someone downloaded Derby Days. and the same email. But my account was used to download some ingame chips or etc and was charged for 49.96 and 11.96 in two instances. Its all some chineese stuff. I emailed apple hoping to get a refund back.".

This is really scary I hope they take the app off the app store.

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

PNutts said:
Was your password strong?

Super strong

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

LiesForTheLiars said:
Change your password and contact Apple about a refund.

Did, done. I hope others will contact too to get their money back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.