Describe the polyurethane smart cover (rubber, plastic?)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by nightfly13, Mar 11, 2011.

1. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

I'm likely to order my iPad and smart cover online without physically seeing or touching them. For those of you who've played with or bought one, is it more plastic feeling or more rubber feeling? I don't want to put words in your mouth, so to speak, let me know what it 'feels' like.

I wouldn't mind hearing feedback on the leather, although I don't know how much more descriptive one can get than 'leathery'.

Thanks!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It's hard to describe. It's very smooth and has a nice texture, it's like really really dense foam feeling. The inside is like a fabric. You'll like the cover. I got the light blue one.

3. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Im returning mine for a leather, even though the leather is heavier,the poly is cheap.

4. nightfly13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

Thanks to both of you for helpful feedback. I might have to put a poll up to get a broader sense.

I have an incipio rubber case (1337) and I've liked it, but it's super bulky and heavy (I have 3 kids under 6 who use it). If the poly is plastic-feeling then I'll go for leather, but if it's rubber then I might go that way.

5. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

It feels identical to the Apple Case for iPad 1 - very nice to the touch.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I think it feels firmer to the touch than the iPad Case. But maybe it's just because mine(apple case) was well worn in...

7. wfj5444 macrumors 6502

It feels somewhat leather like, the texture is nearly suede without the nap.

8. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

It feels like buying an extended warranty. Most likely, something you won't need.

9. nightfly13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

Feels like Apple iPad 1 case...

Does it attract dirt like the iPad 1 case? I know it's early - give it to a kid for an hour and get back to me :)

10. ozred macrumors 6502

11. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

I was able to see and touch both. I went with the light gray poly as I liked the feel better. It didn't seem as slippery, but like all things, to each their own.