Design changes

tritron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
I wonder why did apple changed the look of ios going from 6 to 7. To me the design of ios 6 is what made ios standout and now it looks like gray version of android.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
I loved the update and new design. it needed an upgrade in a big way. it basically had the same layout from iOS 1.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
And changes were to things not needing change, only for the sake of change. Example, the cell signal bar and battery charging indicator. As if they couldn't reuse those items in iOS 7.

Maetzle

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
Although it did take me some time to get used to iOS 7 I like the design change they made. iOS already started to feel outdated and I was pretty disappointed when IOS 6 didn't introduce a new one.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
We are back to this discussion from over a year ago for the who knows what time again?

There's a very simple answer (and thousands more discussed in probably dozens of other existing threads on the topic from the past year or so): after 6 versions of the OS looking mostly the same Apple figured it was time to change things as that's how things work in life when it comes to pretty much any product out there, and especially one as dynamic and evolving as a mobile OS these days.

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Consumers often equate change/innovation by how the layout and graphics of the UI look. The change in IOS 7 was to address that very issue. It is unrealistic to expected Apple to change the UI only one year after doing so.

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2006
I quite like the update. ios 7 looks more aesthetically pleasing. ios prior to 7 had started to look incredibly outdated.

If ios 7 had kept a design theme similar to ios 6 more that would have been a major turnoff for me.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
I like a lot about iOS7 but there are some decisions that need some re-examining. Jony's graphics are not at the same level as his product design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.