Design changes

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by tritron, Oct 6, 2014.

1. tritron macrumors regular

I wonder why did apple changed the look of ios going from 6 to 7. To me the design of ios 6 is what made ios standout and now it looks like gray version of android.

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I loved the update and new design. it needed an upgrade in a big way. it basically had the same layout from iOS 1.

3. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

And changes were to things not needing change, only for the sake of change. Example, the cell signal bar and battery charging indicator. As if they couldn't reuse those items in iOS 7.

4. Maetzle macrumors regular

Maetzle

Although it did take me some time to get used to iOS 7 I like the design change they made. iOS already started to feel outdated and I was pretty disappointed when IOS 6 didn't introduce a new one.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

We are back to this discussion from over a year ago for the who knows what time again?

There's a very simple answer (and thousands more discussed in probably dozens of other existing threads on the topic from the past year or so): after 6 versions of the OS looking mostly the same Apple figured it was time to change things as that's how things work in life when it comes to pretty much any product out there, and especially one as dynamic and evolving as a mobile OS these days.

6. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Consumers often equate change/innovation by how the layout and graphics of the UI look. The change in IOS 7 was to address that very issue. It is unrealistic to expected Apple to change the UI only one year after doing so.

7. tritron thread starter macrumors regular

I like the look of ios 8 on ipad it seems to look nicer

8. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Don't go buy an android phone then. Every time you get a new phone you will have an entire new UI.

9. blueflower macrumors 6502

I quite like the update. ios 7 looks more aesthetically pleasing. ios prior to 7 had started to look incredibly outdated.

If ios 7 had kept a design theme similar to ios 6 more that would have been a major turnoff for me.

10. DomC macrumors 6502

DomC

I like a lot about iOS7 but there are some decisions that need some re-examining. Jony's graphics are not at the same level as his product design.