Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
ATD said:
Images are every bit a part of the design process as typography. As a practice I don't post or even talk about my current design projects. I don't see the need to pull up old projects and post them, that's what my website is for. But to use mine as an example, I am currently designing a textured green Vodka bottle. I'm designing it's form and other designer is designing it's label, this is not the first time I have designed bottles. I'm using a different bottle here to study rendering technique to sell the design. I see it as design, sorry you don't agree. If it bugs you and other designers that much I will reframe from posting.

Dont refrain from posting. I was just making a point.

You didnt originally say that you were 'designing' bottles. From the post it looks like you are just recreating a photo of bottles. However I can appreciate the time and skill that goes into 3D work and I will admit its a bit beyond me at the moment. Too complicated :D

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
ATD said:
Thanks, it's modeled after a normal bottle, it's the camera angle/focal length that makes it do that.

yeah i thought so. i use a less expensive 3d app, bryce, and the image often view gets distorted from the camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.