Design/Room Advice: Office or current?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bc008, Aug 4, 2009.

?

What would you do?

1. Office!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Upgrades!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Savings! (no fun ;) )

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

Well, I am playing with the idea of turning the spare bedroom across from mine into my "office". There is just enough in my room for my computer, and everything just "fits". I was wondering though because it would be cool to have a sprawling large desk like I used to have, and a little couch/lounge area.

My room already has a little sitting space (as you can see by the pictures) So I was wondering if you thought it was reasonable to do the office idea. I would probably put my old tv in the room until christmas and I could get a small plasma or something, or even use my monitor screen with an eyetv or something.

We are having a garage sale, and I am going to use the funds for that to pay for paint, accessories etc. (I have a L-shaped glass desk in storage that wont fit in my current room) or upgrades for my macbook/actual computer upgrade. (more ram/hd, or just sell and get a 15" MBP)

I am asking you this, because at first I thought it was a great idea. My parents still think so and have gave me permission to paint it, but my brother says I will bring my computer back in my room within a week. What would you do? (excuse the messy room ;))

Attached Files:

2. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I myself don't think it's too bad, I like the khaki and black thing you have going on.

Maybe get a new couch? Get carpeting? That might break your bank though.

3. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

thank you :) and the walls are actually dark blue, but when its dark out they look black. My room would actually stay exactly how it is, just the computer wouldn't be there anymore.

With the money I would purchase some end tables, coffee table, artwork, lighting, and paint. (mostly from IKEA). The furniture that would move into the office is an L-shaped glass desk, and the 3 seater version of that little black couch.

Oh, and since when don't people like wood floors? :D Great for us with allergies.

4. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Haha, I don't know. I'm sort of used to carpeting. It just plain sucks though when it comes to having pets because they'll throw up, pee and crap all over them when they feel like it. ABC carpet has a cleaning service which I used twice, both times removed all the stains throughout my apartment. ANYWAY,

How about a LARGE whiteboard? I'm assuming you're between the age of 13-19 and if you're staying home for college a whiteboard would help immensely depending on what you're doing. It's also pretty badass to have when you have friends over and just want to mess around. But yeah, whiteboards help so much for college. And they're fun.

5. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

Yea that would be sweet. My small one isnt really doing the job, it has my four dogs drawn on it and I dont want to erase them haha. Im thinking of doing the office in a grey color, but have one feature wall, and have it be super dark grey/blue/black and do thick horizontal stripes in differentiating sheen colors.

6. blurredline macrumors 6502

blurredline

Love that office idea. Do it up! Definitely do some dark grey walls with a dark blue feature wall where the computer/desk space will be. Not a fan of the horizontal stripe idea though, but your room, your call!:D

7. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

I dont really like bold contrasting stripes, they would be the same paint color, just one in flat and the other in semi/high gloss. Subtle but makes a statement. Like this picture I found on this site.

http://www.htpc.nl/images/iMac/CIMG0266.jpg

8. blurredline macrumors 6502

blurredline

Oh, okay I see what you mean. In that case it looks great. Go for it!