Design Student: CS3 Design Standard or Premium??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vicki2314, Aug 14, 2007.

1. vicki2314 macrumors member

Hi, I'm a graphic design student and I am going to buy a 2.0 GHz 20" iMac to replace my iMac G5 and along with that, CS3. Right now I only use the programs that come in the design standard package but I will be taking a multimedia class where I will probably be using Flash and Dreamweaver. I have both Flash and Dreamweaver MX and Adobe CS presently. Would it be worthwhile to pay the $350 for the Design Premium suite or just buy the Design Standard package with the programs I normally use for $230? I am going to be graduating in a year so this will probably be my only opportunity to get this deal.

Thanks for your help!

2. filmgirl macrumors regular

filmgirl

Get the Premium. Dreamweaver's changes since MX aren't THAT significant (though Dreamweaver CS3 is a big improvement from Dreamweaver 8), but they are there - but the big thing is Flash. There have been major, major improvements and changes in interface/structure since Flash MX (which was 2002, right?) - especially since the whole YouTube/Flash Video movement started taking off. For Flash alone, get the Premium package - it is well worth the $120 difference in price.

3. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Just get the premium. For the little more you pay, with your edu discount, I would think you would be better served. Or at least I was. :)

4. giganten macrumors 6502a