Designed by M AL13 v3

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vomhorizon, Oct 18, 2014.

1. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

2. jackwins macrumors regular

Never heard of these. But I like the look of them.

3. vomhorizon thread starter macrumors 6502a

[/COLOR]
    Do you think signal strength might be an issue given its alluminum?

4. bartonjd macrumors member

Supposedly it is designed to still allow for strong signal strength

5. vomhorizon thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I'll wait for someone to review it before placing an order. I'm on Tmobile and the signal isn't the best a lot of the time to begin with, can't afford to loose a bar or two.

6. Leejaymes macrumors member

Had personal experience with the v2. It sucked. The power button was extremely inaccessible and it destroyed my screen protectors.

7. pschatz12 macrumors member

They said they won't ship until December. I had one pre-ordered and canceled because of that

8. KBTATL macrumors newbie

Do not buy from this company

Do not buy anything from this company...I had high hopes for this company and their products, but once the product arrived it was defective. I immediately wrote the company and have received no response for 4 days. Previously, when I wrote the company to try and cancel my order due to shipping delays that extended over 3 months they were quick to reply. I have no faith in this company and their defective products and unethical business practice of not honoring their own return policy and warranty. Next step is reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint with AMEX to get a refund.

9. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

10. osyakka macrumors newbie

Finally received mine after a looong delay, but it turned out to be defective, too. :mad:

It doesn't fit iPhone 6 Plus and none of the buttons work at all. Build quality is surprisingly inferior compared to AL13 for iPhone 5, which was the greatest iPhone bumper I've ever bought. I honestly can't believe these two products were developed by the same company.

I'm contacting them for return & refund but haven't heard from them so far. I hope they'll refund the shipping fee also.

Maximum regret.

11. bigsid05 macrumors newbie

I briefly had the iPhone 5 version (v2 I believe). It was a piece of garbage. Stay away from the crap these guys sell.

12. osyakka macrumors newbie

That's interesting. My AL13 v2 was a fine piece of work with amazing manufacturing precision. That's why I ordered the v3 and patiently waited for its arrival for many months. Perhaps the company's QA process is highly inconsistent?

...anyway, after experiencing the long delay and disastrous defect of v3, I will never buy their product in the future again.

13. Leejaymes macrumors member

I have the v3 being shipped to me.
    Care to elaborate on your disastrous experiences with the v3? So that I wouldn't have too high hopes on it.

14. osyakka, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

osyakka macrumors newbie

• The upper frame and the lower frame do not join completely, leaving gaps between them after assembly. No matter how hard I tried, it's impossible to fully join them.

• None of the buttons work at all (lock, volume, mute). Pressing them gives no tactile feedback nor phone response.

• The quality of surface finish is much worse than v2 which was flawless. I find several spots and scratches here and there, which give the product rushed and unfinished appearance.

I should have canceled the order before shipment because I had plenty of sinister signs including long delay, no progress report, no estimated availability date, slow and vague responses to my inquiries, and so on...

Anyway, good luck on your v3. :confused:

15. Leejaymes macrumors member

Just received mine and having the same result as well. Anyone managed to get a refund successfully? Emailed them but hasn't received a response since.

16. osyakka macrumors newbie

Welcome to the club. I wonder how many customers are suffering from the same defect...

As for me I'm in the process of return/refund now. It took five days to receive their response to my return request. They apparently do their jobs very slowly, so we must be patient when communicating with them.

Currently my AL13 is on its way to the return address, so I will post the final result here once I receive the refund (hopefully).

17. Leejaymes macrumors member

Hopefully you'll get your $$ back. Tbh, I don't understand their QC. The buttons do not work at all..