Designers! What size and resolution screens do you work on?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Zedsdead185, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Hi all!

After working on a macbook pro 15" for a good 3 years for design work, I have started using an imac G4 20" as a backup computer. Due to this it has become apparent to me that I could benefit greatly with a larger screen and resolution.

So, my question is, as a designer, what screen size and screen resolution do you work at? Does it meet your needs? If possible, name what screen you use and if you think it is good or not. And also, what field of design do you work in that requires the screen/screens mentioned?

I work at 15" with 1440x900 resolution, but have recently realised that I could really do with a much larger size. I have been thinking about upgrading to a 20" matte and wondered about getting the older matte ACD 20" even though it has a res of 1680x1050. I work as a graphic designer mainly in print and page layouts, with some occasional web design.

2. mordecailee macrumors newbie

In my office I have a couple 22" HP ZR22w IPS panels and at home I have a 13" Macbook Pro. I just sold my 27" iMac and I plan to purchase a 27" Thunderbolt display as soon as they are released. I do a lot of work from home and working on a laptop drives me insane but I needed the portability.

27" might seem like over kill if you are considering a 20" screen but once you get used to it everything else feels cramped. You could check the Dell IPS panels out (http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/805...d-monitor-3year-advanced-replacement-warranty) I think they are the same panel as Apple's current displays. They also do a 27" version that is a little cheaper than Apple's.

My work strays from billboard design to front end design & html/css so I am all over the place- but one constant is that I prefer the huge screen. I use an intuos large tablet and centering that in front of a 27" screen is about as good as it gets for me.