Designgeek's Stupid Question of the Week: iCal icon

Discussion in 'macOS' started by designgeek, Feb 27, 2010.

1. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

Let me just start by saying that I am terrified to post this, I've google'd the hell out of my issue and searched the forums up and down but can't find a solution. Dozens of threads about the iCal icon but none that help me.

I want to change the iCal icon, I have already actually changed it (all five files) but the date that it shows will not go away. I've tried removing dozens of files and the whole iCalDockTilePlugIn folder, logged out and in, killed the dock more times than I can count and it's STILL THERE.

This is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

It really ruins this:
    [​IMG]

Please help. :)

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I believe that is correct.

3. Anthropogenesis macrumors member

It is, unfortunately, all but impossible to modify the iCal icon. I like customizing my icons, and iCal is the only one that refuses to change.

I use LiteIcon to customize system and app icons, and then tried CandyBar on trial to see if that would work. Panic, which makes the software, readily admitted that they aren't even able to change it.

Its a shame, as the custom icon I have for it would look nice next to some of the other custom icons I have:

Attached Files:

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I FINALLY figured out how to do it, but it required completely removing a file (just renaming it) and putting the new icon I wanted in it's place. The dock one that wouldn't change (if I'm remembering correctly- I'm at work on my pc) was the one that is in the /resources/something something folder. If you can't figure it out, I'll log on later tonight or tomorrow morning to give you the exact name when I get home :)

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I think you need to go into applications>Ical>Contents>Resources and edit the ical.sdef script.

6. Anthropogenesis macrumors member

Technically, the files are there, but it still doesn't work for most people I have talked to.

Theoretically, you need to change the following:

ical/show package contents/contents/resources/app.icns as well as app-empty.icns

then

icaldockextra.bundle/show package/contents/resources/app-empty again.

Most forums I have come across point these out. I have changed them, like most people, but still ended up with messed up icons like the OP's shot.

7. lostinmysphere macrumors member

Anyone have any idea where these icons (and the iTunes controller) are from?

8. VETTE277 macrumors member

Hey, so info on what you did ?

9. VETTE277 macrumors member

Hey, mind supplying the icons your using ? Also that black bar at the bottom, is that part of your dock or the wallpaper ? One issue im having with my dock being customized, is that I can click above the icons to open apps, and sometimes this gets in the way of open windows. Do you have the same issue by any chance ?