Designgeek's Stupid Question of the Week: Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by designgeek, Sep 10, 2009.

1. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

I'm thinking of starting a tradition here since I have many stupid questions and no answers regardless of how many google searches I do. :)

I recently purchased a 500GB Time Capsule from the refurb store :cool: and now I would like to move the wireless backups off the little USB drive attached to my AEBS onto the TC. Can I simply move the .sparsebundle onto the TC's drive? Is it going to "just work" or is it going to freak out like I think it is? It just doesn't seem like I should have to bring the Disk Utility into this.

All the searches I do seem to turn up results pertaining to larger USB drives attached directly to the computer or moving from local to wireless storage. I'm moving from "unsupported feature" to "Official Solution."

Thanks for the help and not for the flaming.

*Mods: if the idiocy is causing nausea or headaches feel free to delete.;)

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

If you think that's a stupid question, you clearly haven't spent much time around here. ;)

For my part, the best I can give you is "it can't hurt". However, I see no reason why moving from one remote drive to another should be different from moving between two remote drives.

3. designgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

designgeek

FYI to any n00bs and lurkers out there, it did work. The .sparsebundle file was easily moved from airport disk that I plugged into my computer to the Time Capsule, it was a very lengthy process, taking about nine hours to move since it weighed in at around 185 GB. But regardless, it works flawlessly and I love the dual band capability as well. I can't wait to hack this thing up to 2 TB.