designing my own webpage for photography..thoughts

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by HBOC, Jul 11, 2009.

1. HBOC macrumors 68020

yes one of those threads again. i'm quite nervous about showing this, but whatever. I am going to art school for web design. The site i am coding in HTML, i havn't used dream weaver yet, and i find that i enjoy coding myself, because i learn more that way.

Since this is in its' very infant state and is just on my computer, i took a screen shot of the homepage. It is the only page i have done. I am going to get rid of the photo on the left hand side and do something with the left side, maybe a sillouhette of a b&w. I don't want to make the homepage too busy. Just a nice elegant style. Well, hopefully. I bought a new DSLR today and it will be here monday, so i finally can add to my collection. It has been 3 years since i was shooting seriously...

Thoughts? I'm going to work on the text a bit more. I will add more to the "menu" on the right hand side. They are "a href"d, so to speak, but i dont have those pages coded thus far.

Be brutally honest. :)

What i will eventually have is like a slide show of a few images at like 6 second intervals. I will have borders around the image(s), so it looks better. I will lessen the padding on the image, so it isn't so far from the menu on the right and i will change the right margins' percentage as well...kinda looks off..oh well, still a wip!

Attached Files:

• web.jpg
      web.jpg
      File size:
      191.2 KB
      Views:
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I think it will look fine when you make the changes you plan to make. For photography galleries, the less you have on the page around the picture the less distracting it is.

3. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

I think it looks very nice. Make sure you post your link when you've finished it.