Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cybrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Hello Everybody,
While working for the web address of www.sringaronline.com, I felt that there are ample rooms for improvement from designing point of view. The images and other things can be arranged in other ways to make this website more catchy that primarily deals with services to send flowers to India. However with my limited ideas I failed to make much modifications. Can anybody drop in some valuable tips with their years of experience?

frankblundt

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2005
South of the border
Similarly to what I said here your main problem seems to be one of structure.

You have tried so hard to be catchy you ended up being a little terrifying. Try a simpler, less busy approach.

You have a list of menu items at the top of the page, another lot of menu items running down the left, a third set going across the middle and then MORE buttons at the bottom left! And then MORE BUTTONS all over the page. - Which one is your navigation, what do I click, what does it all mean? It's very confusing for the casual visitor to have to read every single one of them to try and work out what is going on with your site.

Please try and rationalise them down into one set of buttons, one navigation structure, one place to look, one single idea of what your site is about and what it contains. Try and get rid of some. Put them somewhere else, out of the way. something.

I'm so overloaded trying to work out your navigation i barely have enough brain power left in me to even read the main text - yes, that bit in the middle, in tiny cramped writing where you explain what the business is about!

Maybe move your animated gif up further, make it more of a header to the page and keep all the navigation off to the left, that way i get top the main text faster, and i'm less distracted by all the other stuff going on (there are many people out there whose screen resolution is small enough that they will barely get to see any of the main info on your page when it first loads in the browser window - move the important stuff higher up the page).

And, maybe it's normal usage in your market but it took me a while to work out that "Sort Flowers" was what I would call "Search Flowers"

Apart from that, it's lovely.

cybrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Thanks a Ton

Thanks a lot Buddy,

Your piece of advice is really very to-the-point and proves to be a perfect guideline to rearrange the whole mess with buttons. The next immediate thing I do now is sit down with my designer and sort things out. Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.