Desired 27" Cinema Display Update: Retina or new iMac form factor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shoopaman, Jan 20, 2013.

1. shoopaman, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013

shoopaman macrumors 6502

shoopaman

Long time since I made some comments here. But still enjoy the information here, the best there is for any Apple stuff...

Getting Retina on this thing is too desirable and unrealistic, knowing Apples' marketing/supply chain strategy it'll never happen until they move the iMacs into that realm. But can we at least expect new (iMac mirrored) design and form factor (USB 3.0, Less Glare, etc...) display to hit the Silver B&M soon?

I can't be the only one waiting for this? Current one, though it's still miles better than followers, looks like the new born Benjamin Button compared to the new iMacs. Hope it's in the pipeline soon. Until then, my 3+ Grand$ will remain in the piggy bank, because I plan to purchase the Retina MBP and, if any, the newly upgraded 27" Cinema Display.

I know MR/AI reports inventory drought on the current model but they weren't always kosher just based on that info... Could just be spike in demand and these things don't exactly shelf like eggs... Please, :D, anyone with intel shed some light on this? It'll still take days/months to actually get the damn thing after they announce it. God, I love waiting for Apple... like waiting to get to the 3rd base...

Until then, the discussions will only be my compadres... sad really...

2. orangebluedevil macrumors 6502

I'm waiting too. They are back on stock everywhere. I'd guess March.

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I want a 21.5" TBD. The 27" is just too large for my desk and I really don't need that big a screen. I currently use an old 23" ACD.

4. shoopaman thread starter macrumors 6502

shoopaman

Bit of hope, came across this awesome deal:

http://www.frys.com/product/6718785?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Of course it's sold out! Called the store, said they "will not be carrying it anymore". Hopefully, a refresh is coming. Anyways, FYI with grain of NACL.