Desk accessory site?

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
Is there such a thing?

eg. a site that links to, or has info about all those useful gadgety type bits of software in many desktop grabs

Theres loads of great little apps on sourcefordge, but finding them is very hard :rolleyes:, same with most of the other sites, such as macupdate, and doing a google search for them mainly comes back with shareware, and commercial software, very little freeware :(

i know about resexcellence, but that doesn't seem to have much in the way of small programs, docklets(or is it docklings, cant remember) and the like

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
No, no, i know about Konfabulator, not really interested in it (waiting for tiger),

i'll have a look for a pic with some of what i mean on :)

i had a new ticker in the dock some time ago for /., things like that, i can't find a single site for that kind of software :confused:

Comment

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
having said that, today when i look, its as if google has magically lost alot of the screen shots in the image search :rolleyes: lol

I'm looking for sites/lists like this - http://menu.jeweledplatypus.org/

For menubar addons, and things that sit on the desktop, like calendars etc.

it's hard to describe really, as their doesn't seem to be one name for this kind of program

Comment

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
There was a thread called "what cool little apps do you use" or something similar. It had a lot of neat apps that I had never heard of before. Do a search for it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.