Desk Compatibility (Cinema Displays)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ZGXtreme, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

Good evening, I am currently in the planning process of moving into my first house and as part of that, I am planning my office in a spare bedroom. Handed down to me from my grandmother who passed away is a very nice office desk/hutch.

I would like to pickup an Apple Cinema display to work alongside my 13" MBP and am seeking advice from those who currently have one in regards to dimensions. The usable area of the desk as measured is 21" from the work space upward to the shelves which are above. The desktop then measures 64 1/2" side to side. Side to side is obviously not an issue, but I am wanting to double check on the height issue.

In looking at Apple's site, I see dimensions of 18.84" (H) for the 24" display and 19.35" (H) for the upcoming 27" display. Do I read this has being the total height including the stand or simply the monitor? If the 24" would fit better I'd like to pick one up before they go out of stock locally; I checked they still have them. If the 27" (based upon the provided dimensions) will work I am no longer is such a rush.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide, I would hit up the Apple store but as usual with my luck, I am pulling 16 hour days for the next week and a half and will be unable to do so.

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

that should be for the entire thing, a 27" diagonal 16:9 display is 13.24 inches high, so the other 7-ish inches should make up the stand and the frame.

panel width is 23.5 inches, which also would make sense withe the 25.7 display width apple specifies.

http://www.displaywars.com/27-inch-16x9-vs-27-inch-16x10

3. ZGXtreme thread starter macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

Works for me. Thanks. I let the size of the display question the dimensions as I would normally expect them to occupy more space. While I think the 24" would work, considering the 27" will fit easily, may as well hold out. Will fill more of the width of the desk as well.