Desk for iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kixsand, Aug 11, 2008.

1. kixsand macrumors regular

kixsand

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a cool new desk to become home for my 24" iMac(white) and Macbook(also white).

I'm looking for something stylish and minimal -- a design that fits and compliments the Apple esthetic.

I've looked at the Heckler designed -- Onelessdesk and like it a lot:

http://hecklerdesign.com/

Does anyone know of others that I should consider -- the Heckler desk would cost almost $1000 by the time I got it to Canada. I would prefer to spend less but this price point isn't outside the realm of possible for me -- wouldn't want to spend more though.

Thanks,

darren

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Damn... that desk look so awesome. Now I'm jealous lol. :D You could try a glass desk with steel legs. that looks pretty cool.

3. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

These are one sweet desks! The stainless would complement my Alum imac nicely! Steel and glass isn't in the same ballpark!

4. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I know Ikea's furniture can sometimes be of cheap quality, but a lot of it is pretty nice. Their design is very clean and modern, fitting in with Apple's aesthetics.

Although Ikea's stuff is on the other end of the extreme price wise.

5. kixsand thread starter macrumors regular

kixsand

How sweet would a white one look with my white iMac and MacBook?

check it out

I've looked at all the Ikea stuff and there is nothing there that even comes close. Sure, it's <$200 but I'm just past that.

Any other good desks out there?

6. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I for one think that Jonas by IKEA is a great desk. Not nearly as expensive as this but it looks fine with my iMac on it. I have the Oak version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. DaveF macrumors 6502a

How do you use that desk? Maybe you're completely digital, but I've got paper files, bills, magazines. I've got external hard-drives, an AEBS, a printer. That desk looks like art, not furniture. Great to look at, but not meant to actually be used.

Levenger has some expensive but gorgeous and functional desk options.

8. Boss250 macrumors newbie

Studio RTA

I have a studio RTA "eagle tower" desk or something like that and I really like it as I have it now it can do dual displays fairly good for being such a small desk and with just an iMac on it you could easily get you MB right infront of it. and when I bought it, it was really cheap, like $70! but now I cant find it at major retailers but spotted it on amazon, and looking around I think all of studio RTA's desks are really sweet, check them out.

Attached Files:

9. kixsand thread starter macrumors regular

kixsand