desk lamp for aluminium iMac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macmike47, Oct 12, 2009.

1. macmike47 macrumors regular

Hi guys, and happy Monday!

I'm trying to find a desk lamp for the 24" iMac. My Dad uses one for work and his eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I'm looking for something that will sit on top of the iMac and give light to the whole desk.

Unfortunately, a Google search finds only the old classic G4 'desk lamp' iMac, but I'm actually after an iMac desk lamp, if that makes sense.

Function over aesthetics, but preferably nothing too hideous that detracts from the natural beauty of the Mac. Any suggestions would be great :)

Cheers,

Mike

2. nukiduz macrumors 6502

nukiduz

I've just bought this lamp in IKEA and it's the best I've ever had. Ikea Husvik desk lamp:
    [​IMG]

3. gdieter macrumors member

Try this one:
    [​IMG]

http://www.konceptech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=K&Product_Code=HL3001W-SIL

Very flexible, includes a desk clamp mount alternative. What I like is concentrated light in only the area I want instead of lighting up the whole room. Or, you can rotate the LEDs upward and light up most of the room.

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

What next? A thread titled "What pencil sharpener to go with my new Mac mini?"

I kid. This thread actually interests me lol. I'll have to take a look at that aluminum lamp :cool:

5. Amnesiac7 macrumors member

6. Bolo4u macrumors member

In a different thread, you are worried if a 25w desk lamp sitting next to you iMac will melt it, and here you tell someone to avoid a given brand of lamp? I hardly think you are in a position to do much recommending, let alone in the desk lamp arena...:rolleyes: