Desk Recommendations.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by adamlbiscuit, Jul 3, 2011.

1. adamlbiscuit macrumors regular

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a new computer desk shortly after getting myself a new iMac. At the moment, every things pretty squashed on my current desk. I have; an apple wireless keyboard, a magic track pad, and a medium Wacom Intous 4. It's very cramped and I find myself having to bend my wrists into all sorts of funny positions to be able to type, etc.

For that reason I want a bigger desk, but I'm not quite sure at this point what would be the best to get?

2. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

You definitely need a larger desk. I think that a desk of width 1.6-2.0 m x depth 0.8-1.0 m might be appropriate.

3. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

My favorite type of computer "desk" isn't a desk at all, but rather a simple 72"x30" "conference table" with folding legs that you can pick up at office supply stores or other outlets.

Very affordable (downright cheap!), and plenty of wide-open space to arrange your stuff....

4. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

5. brendu macrumors 68020

Whenever I have a lot of work or research to do this is exactly what I use. I pull out one of these and have a ton of free space to throw all sorts of papers as well as all my computer peripherals. Very effective and cheap.

6. tums macrumors member

7. Lagmonster macrumors 6502

Ikea slab with adjustable height legs. Simple and large.