Desk Setup

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gizmo22, May 13, 2012.

1. Gizmo22 macrumors regular

Gizmo22

Currently have a Mac Mini paired to a Dell 2407WFP-HC, and getting frustrated at the footprint of my small desk it is taking up. Considering selling all for an iMac, but I have already put a good deal into the Mac Mini adding a SSD and retaining the original hard drive, as well as adding memory. If a dual core i5 is good enough now, I am expecting to just keep it until it is no longer suitable...hopefully a year down the road at least...and then replace with an iMac.

In the meantime, anyone have any thoughts on how to organize? Any interesting wall mounts for a Mac Mini possibly? I have debated running the cables through the back of the desk and into one of the drawers that could house the Mini, but not set on it yet.

Apologies for the iPhone photos, was much quicker to snap with it than the big boy camera.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Mount the mac minion the back of the screen, or stick it on its feet.

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

get a lower shelf and stick it on that, mount it to the back of the monitor or wall.

I would buy a bigger desk, that monitor is way to big for it! (nice monitor though)

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Screw a shelf under the desk, at the back, low enough to allow the mini to breath, but high enough so you don't bang your knees.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Your desk seems too cramped underneath, I would suggest going to IKEA and looking for a new one.