Desk top stopped playing videos

Fireslayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Hi
In the past I could upload a video (to iphoto) that I took from my iphone or camcorder and play it. Lately, I am unable to get them to play.

Even older videos that used to work just fine have stopped working. Any thoughts on what is going on, and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Fireslayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
I'm starting to think that this is since upgrading to Snow Leopard.

Could there be a connection?

Comment

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm starting to think that this is since upgrading to Snow Leopard.

Could there be a connection?
What kind of video are you trying to play? SL removed functionality for a few different codes. For example, MPEG files don't work in SL.

For that matter, can you play them on anything else? Like Quicktime for instance?

Comment

Fireslayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
What kind of video are you trying to play? SL removed functionality for a few different codes. For example, MPEG files don't work in SL.

For that matter, can you play them on anything else? Like Quicktime for instance?
Just the videos that I have taken with my iphone and my canon sx40.
Old videos that used to work no longer work

Comment

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Upgrading to 10.6 replaces QuickTime Player 7 with QuickTime Player X. If you are unable to playback some files with QTX, install QT7 from here and see if the media support is restored. You may have to right-click to show/reveal in Finder before you can specify the file(s) to open in QuickTime Player 7 which will be located in /Applications/Utilities.

Also, make sure your iPhoto and Mac OS X are both up to date.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.