Desks And Chairs

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by X-JRO, Oct 22, 2009.

1. X-JRO macrumors member

I *really* had a good look and didn't know where else to post this!

Really.

Anyway, I'm looking at Desks at the moment. I'd like to minimums clutter and maximize productivity - doesn't that go without saying?

I'll be running a with at least two screens with my high end set-up later down the track and need a work space to accommodate it.

I'm also looking for chairs, what're your behinds enjoying right now?

I'm in Australia so any local recommendations would be awesome! I had a look at Ikea and it came a little short (their website at least)

Cheers

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

desks

I would use bing. Ive found some cool things for my setups using bing to search.

3. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i am too looking for a nice l-shaped desk .. glass topped .. only one i have seen is the staples one .. but the way the back is doesnt allow you to fit a pc or mac case underneath because of the slanting back metal pieces

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

The desk I use is here

http://www.cymax.com/Common/Product/Product.aspx?ID=152703&Src=Become&SrcID=3211792

I also got the 2-drawer lowboy file cabinet that matches. The desk holds my 24" iMac and 24" LCD monitor side by side with no problems....one neat thing is I drilled out the back of the left side hutch cabinet (for cables and ventilation) and have my cable modem and wireless router in there...I'm able to see the modem lights through the opening at the bottom of the door.

If I had the money, the chair I would use is the chair I have used at work for the past 3 years - Herman Miller Aeron....as it is I have a middle of the line Lane leather high-back executive chair...it's ok, but a far cry from an Aeron.