Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gtking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
New York
I need a desk with a hutch that can fit my iMac. After looking everywhere, I'm starting to think such a combination does not exist. I don't want to start a DIY project and cut any holes in anything, I just need a desk that can fit this beast I call my computer.

CXsjr

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2007
Scotland, UK
I need a desk with a hutch ....

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but WTF is 'a hutch'? I tried to search it and whilst I found some picutres, the selection was soooooo wide and varied and there is no actual definition of a hutch.

Once I fully understand the question, I will at least try to give you an answer .... ;)

Orange™

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but WTF is 'a hutch'? I tried to search it and whilst I found some picutres, the selection was soooooo wide and varied and there is no actual definition of a hutch.

Once I fully understand the question, I will at least try to give you an answer .... ;)

Google "Desk Hutch" under images.
You'll notice all the desks have something in common as in they are all normal desks but have a bookcase like appendage on top for storing more items than a conventional desk would hold. :eek:

I use a Jonas Desk, no hutch though! Good luck!!! :apple:

gtking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
New York
You know how some desks have a top with shelves and stuff, well, that's what it is. Okay it's just too hard to explain it, try googling "desk with hutch", and you should see what I mean.

Vylen

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2010
Sydney, Australia
It'd be easier to google 'hutch' and see what those actually are... and you know what a desk is... desk + hutch = lots of storage space, heh

xheathen

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2010
This may be the wrong forum to post this in, but why not build one? :) A weekend plus ~$200 in materials and bam!

jddar

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
Here are a couple of interesting ones from Restoration Hardware:

MAYFAIR STEAMER SECRETARY TRUNK VINTAGE CIGAR LEATHER
prod1613173_SP1-10
http://www.restorationhardware.com/rh/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1613173&navAction=push&navCount=3

1930S FRENCH POSTAL DESK
prod60341
http://www.restorationhardware.com/rh/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod60341&navAction=push&navCount=4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.