Desktop Amp/Dac recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by supercooled, Jul 21, 2011.

1. supercooled macrumors 6502a

Hey, I just picked up some Sony XB700s to replace some AKG 240s MKI and coming from headphones with a way too long cord to ones wit way too short is pretty weird. Anyway, I'm looking to get a desktop amp/dac to compliment these and as well as get the full potential of the K240s which I understand needs amp assistance. Can someone recommend some that are $100 or thereabouts? I've seen some on eBay by the AUNE brand which looks really nice with brushed alu. but aesthetics isn't as important. I've also been hearing good things about the FiiO E9.

One caveat is that I would like to get something that will tie together my systems, the desktop and my gaming system PS3/360 which makes a AV receiver more and more practical but I don't really want to spend that much plus have a hulking box take up desk space.

Help?

2. esco macrumors 6502

esco

3. supercooled thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks esco. It looks to be very suited for my needs but I'm hoping to spend a little less. I guess having said that, I put myself out of contention for the tube amp you're selling?