"desktop" app for ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by oftheheavens, Apr 26, 2010.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

Well since there is not an iPad app thread...has anyone tried the "desktop" app for iPad? If so how is it?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well there is an App thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

But as for that app, I bought it and it's ok. It does what it says it will but you're forced to use their own widgets. It's not like I can have say words with friends open and mac rumors open at the same time. I can have two browsers open but dual browser is free I believe and does the same. I also question their security measures that are in place. Is it like Opera where data is stored on their servers? Are the pages encrypted? If I fill in a form will it be protected? Since they have nothing documented about it then I will have to say most likely no.

I deleted the app after I found I can't run my own apps side by side. It is worth ¢ just to figure that out but still. I keep dual browser on my iPad. Also, using desktop and watching forum spy move along in one frame was fine but I was unable to click on anything in forum spy and have it open.

Do you actually have an opinion on the app? Guessing not but thought I'd ask. :cool:

4. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks Jessica I am going to try the free browser one